Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not Here. Please Lord, Not Here...

Something happened this morning that is making me take pause.

I know we live in a wicked world, evil lurking EVERYWHERE, and it is by the grace of God that we are protected.

As I loaded the girls up in the van this afternoon for a jaunt to the grocery store my eyes were drawn across the street where a firetruck sat idle. Dozens of people milled around on the lawns, only a few in uniform, the rest were donned in cargo pants, polo shirts and drop down holsters. An older woman sat on the tailgate of a truck being checked by an EMT. Whatever had happened, had already happened, I saw no tension, no one being carted off in handcuffs. This was the period where adrenalin had calmed and the professionals were getting the job done.

I didn't want to think about what had been going on just across the street, I knew what had happened, but didn't want to know.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes you just don't want to know how close danger is.

How close evil is.

In my head, spin the "what ifs" and I am thankful, ever so thankful for God's loving protection. Not just for me and my family, but for the neighbor's, the people living in the surrounding condos, even for the drug dealers. Who knows what kind of damage would have been done if their concoction had failed and exploded.

For a brief moment I though we should move but then the truth came to me, no where is truly safe and you really have no idea what your neighbors are up to.

So tonight, I will hold my children a closer and pray.

And pray.

The news link.

2 comments:

  1. I wish we didn't have to settle for that kind of situation :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry you have to live so close to that. But you are right, who knows who we live next to. {{Big Hugs}} Keeping you and your family in my prayers as always! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.