Monday, January 18, 2010

Everyday Ramble: Good Day!

I received Life's Little Instructions Calendar Volume XV daily desk calendar for Christmas from Josh's Aunt Pam. All the "Karll" girls got one, it really made me feel special! I've been enjoying reading them everyday and I think it's really cool knowing the other girls are reading the same thing.

I've been a bit behind since I spent a week in OK and just started reading and catching up.

I came across Wednesday January 13 and it reads, "Mediocre is not acceptable unless you're selling pizzas because even a bad pizza is pretty good."

That absolutely made me chuckle and want to share.


I had a lovely day today. It started with a nice service at church, albeit awfully sad as some people were giving testimonials on how God either hadn't answered their prayers or answered in a way they weren't hoping for. But they also all talked about how they have hope and have stayed faithful through prayer. It really made me thankful for all I have and I praise God for my babies!!!

The sun came out today and boy did I need it. It's been gloomy here since I got back from Oklahoma and the sunshine was a very, very welcome sight!
(Off subject ramble, if gloomy is in the heart, is it possible my own sadness kept the clouds around? I got happy today and suddenly the sun came out! It makes you wonder...) Praise God for the sunshine!!

This evening I got to hang out with some of my girlfriends at a Tastefully Simple party. It was so very nice to chat and munch and not have the kiddos around. It's funny though, we talked so much about labors and births and nursing, so even though the kids weren't there, we talked about them. Oh, I got to hold a baby baby, I think she's about a month old... She felt so tiny. It's hard to imagine mine were that small once. Praise God for good friends!

After a day like this the only thing left to do is kiss my husband, read a little and turn in. Praise God for my husband, my life, my blessings!

It helps that I've had Blessed Be Your Name stuck in my head all day long!

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
(Matt Redman, I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think.