Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goals: Accountability Update 2

I missed last week and am a day behind this week, but better late than never... {Right??}

Thank you, Ally, for motivating me!

**********

Recurring goals {items needed to be completed daily, weekly or monthly}:

Read my Bible daily!
I need to remind myself why I want to do this! It is in the Word that I find peace, I find answers, I am reminded of Jesus' love for me, I'm reminded how special I am, and that no matter what, I am NEVER alone!

Create and stick to a house cleaning/maintenance schedule. Enlist the children's help. {They really do enjoy cleaning}
I have my weekly schedule written, the girls help when I ask, unfortunately I haven't kept on top of it. But it is written!

Create and stick to a prayer schedule. {Praying for specific groups of people each day}
I have it written and I'm praying!

Complete monthly budget before the beginning of the month so Josh and I can have budget meetings.
I'll be wrapping it up today so we can have December's meeting this evening.

Take weekly "field trips," even if it's just to the back yard, to study something pertaining to that week's lesson.
I'm failing at this one!


Short term goals {in no specific order}:

Finish the baby's room. {His changing table is B's dressers, thus I need to get B a new dresser!}
We have the dresser, but it is nowhere near being finished.

Organize B's schooling, still allowing for flexibility.
This is now included on my schedule!

Be debt free! {Yes, this is short term! Thanks to Dave Ramsey this should be completed within the next couple months!}

Blog more.
Slowly but surely.

Get B back on a chore/commission work schedule.
She's been working around the house I just haven't paid her, I guess I should add that money to the budget.

Beginning with the Spring semester {I have to allow some time to figure out how to be a mom of 3} take at least one class per semester.

Memorize scripture.
I'll be working on 2 Samuel 22:2-3 this week if you want to join me.

Reduce TV time! I would like to reduce the amount of evening TV time too, but I do need to discuss it with Josh {I'm sure he'll support the idea.}
Still just a little better.

Have company over, couples over for a game night or something. I've got to get over this not-quite fear of hosting.

Get on an exercise routine.

Clean out garage.

Eat out less.
Hopefully we can stick to our menu this week.

Plan a date night with my hubby! I'd like to do this monthly but with work schedules and life in general I'll accept every other month or so.
Still hasn't happened.

Reorganize all closets and storage areas in the house, make better use of them.
I started with the cleaning closet and have moved on to Baby J's room, the girl's closet is a work in progress but it is progressing.

Reduce the girls' toys to about half. I'd like to complete this before Christmas!

This is actually complete but I'm not taking it off yet because I want to reduce the toys even more!


Long term goals:

Maintain "gazelle intensity" and save up enough money for {hopefully} a 50% down payment on a house once Josh retires and figure out where we're going to live.

Finish degree.

Learn a foreign language. I'm currently learning Latin with B but would like to be fluent in a commonly spoken language as well.

********

All in all I feel that I haven't done very well but I know, progress is progress and this week will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think.