Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Journey: A Student

I recently embarked on a new journey and am thankful it ended today. I re-enrolled in college and intentionally took only one class. I figured I'd use this one class to get my feet wet and eventually take more and finish off my degree. Shortly after signing up for (or maybe just before) I found out I was pregnant with #3. Deciding to stick with my original plan, I proceeded with my class, Art 205, Art Appreciation. I was surprised a bit by the amount of time the course took on a day to day basis but balanced it well, at the beginning anyway. I was doing well up until the last couple weeks. A death in the family prompted a visit to Iowa, I was granted an extension that served me well as the house we were staying in didn't have Internet. When we got home I knew I had one week to make up two weeks worth of assignments and knew it could be done. Then this week happened, if something could have happened, it did. B's first day of school (which I knew was coming but still added a bit of stress, but that's a blog of it's own), bug bites causing swollen limbs, doctor visits, surprise duty days, you name it and something would come up. But I prayed and God got me (us, really) through it.

So, long story short, I'm a college student again although I will be taking the next two semesters off so I can learn how to be a mom of three and homeschool B. But before ling, I'll be back in the swing of things!

On a side note, I've very much missed blogging. I almost wrote that I missed writing but I've been a writing fool, it's just been centered on art history.

And I know it's been a while but it you didn't catch it, we're pregnant with #3, due in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think.