Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rant: Blame it on the economy!

I am so sick of hearing this!

I was appalled back in September when I heard a small town in Oklahoma was having to, essentially, close down the police department. On the news this evening, they were talking about how one Northwest Chicago suburb is having to fire 4 of their police officers to save money.

THIS IS NOT WHERE THE CUT BACKS SHOULD BE COMING FROM!!

I'm all for local, state and the federal government cutting spending to save money instead of raising taxes but seriously?! And, I understand money is tight in this recession the White House says we're out of, but this is not the way to go.

Crime is on the rise and people just don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling of being safe anymore. How are we going to feel when it takes an hour for someone to respond when you call 911?

Now, I don't have the miracle cure, I haven't done the research to know where the money is going that would be considered frivolous. I do know politicians make more than our military, my only suggestion is put congress and the senate, mayors, governors, all of them, on the existing military pay scale. That should save a dollar or two, or maybe the military would get a raise.


My thoughts and prayers are with our brothers and sisters in blue. May they have what they need to keep us safe.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. There's got to be another way. It's so frustrating that people can be so selfish. God forbid they relinquish a portion of their ridiculous salary and give up some luxuries so that the people they are supposed to be serving can be/feel safe.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.