Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ramble: Facebook toxic?

The enemy is stalking me on facebook.

I can be having a great day, feeling good about myself, my family, my faith, then I log on facebook and the doubts sink in. Why didn't I get invited? Why isn't he replying to my wall post? Why, why, why! I HATE THIS FEELING!

I know everyone has different priorities and I don't judge others for theirs (okay, to be completely honest, sometimes I do). But I cant presume to know what is going on in someones day but sometimes when I log onto FB that's exactly what I do!

There are times it feels like evil is trying sneak in wherever it can, like the way an animal bolts out of the front door when you leave it open just a little too long.

I love being able to keep up with people I haven't talked to in years and I LOVE being able to stay involved with my friends that I used to see everyday. FB helps me to feel more connected to others around me. Then other times it just feels TOXIC!

I know this says more about me than anyone else, it goes directly to my state of mind. Just like a comedy isn't as funny if you go into it in a bad mood. And maybe I haven't been in a real bright place lately... I haven't been sleeping well, had a 24 hour migraine, and I really felt hung out to dry recently.

I'm really not sure where to go from here. This is turning into more of a ramble than I had intended. I had a point but lost it somewhere.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Rose I so identify with this....sometimes I feel connected and loved and involved and others I feel neglected and out of all the goings on. It's like a commercial for the new "it" item...I thought my life was great but that was when I didnt know x,y, and z existed. Now i'm not so sure. I am hoping that spring finally being sprung and warmth and sunshine abounding will help with my general funk and getting to see people out and about in the neighborhood. I dont even know if I made sense but wanted to let you know I not only hear what you are saying, I understand! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you feel that ways sometimes, but I think it is more common in people than you might realize. Everyone has their insecurities, and at times those insecurities are more prevalent than at others. I too feel this way at times. I agree that it's evil trying to get in with you. I hope it makes you feel better that you aren't alone. Now, what can we do to feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just know that your friends all LOVE you no matter what facebook might make you feel! FB is addicting...there is no doubt about that! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook has a way of turning something good into something potentially bad. I try not to let any of it get to me, and I've been trying to not check it very often ... but it's hard. And I do think Satan tries to use it against us. He wants nothing more to break up our relationships, and I'm sure using facebook is as good a way as ever.
    I love you, though, dear friend. I hope you'll find sunny days soon here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't we talk about this on the phone?! I hope you're doing better now. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.