Thursday, March 4, 2010

Surprise: Hooray!

A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
"Hosanna to the Son of David!"
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Hosanna in the highest!"
(Matthew 21:8-9)

"Hooray! Hooray! Jesus is our King today!"
(Brenna and the other MOPS kids)



Today at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) we got such a lovely surprise: they brought, not quite all, the kids up to sing for us. They marched in waving palm branches, holding little signs and saying, "hooray, hooray, Jesus is our King today!" It was absolutely precious. All the kiddies got up on the stage and then they sang us a song, of which I've already forgotten. But it was cute none the less.
It was great! I was so proud of my little girl. I don't know what I was expecting but she marched in and gave me a kiss (I was sitting in the marching path), stood up there and sang and then gave me a kiss on the way out. I don't know if I was thinking she'd want to stay with me or if she'd mess around on the stage but she didn't do either. She looked like such a big little kid. Like she's growing up or something.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was so amazing about that today is the mindset of all the mothers... we went from 'aww... 2 hour break' to 'OMW... I can't wait to see what our kids have for us!!' It just goes to show how much our children brighten our lives even though we want a break once in awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the cutest thing ever! Grey was chanting it the whole way home, and most of the afternoon yesterday! :) I can even see him in your pic!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.