Monday, May 31, 2010

My Journey: The Closing of a Chapter

It is often said when you make a big move that you are beginning a new chapter of your life. I very much am, but a more important chapter ended in Great Lakes.

While we were living there I came back to Christ. I say "I came back" because He never left me! I have been in His grasp without really knowing it. No, I knew. I've never felt abandoned by God, I've always know that it was I who left. But here I am, a whole new woman, changed by the grace of God!

I arrived in Great Lakes scared, knowing no one, lonely, and 7 months pregnant with little to no self confidence. I left a totally different person. And while I never believed a person was capable of change, I did in fact change. The way I think, process information, the way I feel, it's all changed. I have changed! But I know I didn't change me, it was not a do-it-yourself book that lead me to my new life. It was Christ!

2Cor 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the has come!"

I now know you don't just change when you're all new. Someone looking at me isn't going to say "hey look, she was saved yesterday." We're still human, still have to fight sin and temptation. Yes, every once in a while I slip and curse or judge someone, the difference is now, I know God has forgiven me, He doesn't keep a record of my wrongs, why should I?! I strive to live by example, be a light, show others the glory of God. Living a good life, doing right, being a good wife and mother, friend and sister is not easy, but with Jesus by my side, lighting the way...

I believe and I make an effort to be better. I think I am better, better than the immature, scared girl I was when I moved there. The long chapter of my being alone is ending and something so much better is beginning.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

1 comment:

  1. Amen Rose! You are a beautiful person and I am truly blessed to have met you! Good luck with the new chapter in your life...I am confident you will do well! I hope our paths cross again. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.