Sunday, May 2, 2010

Being Moved

Today I was moved by a song.

You stood before creation
Eternity within Your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand


I remembered the first time I attended Immanuel, a little nervous being somewhere new. Standing next to my friend quietly singing along with songs I had never heard.

You stood before my failure
Carried the Cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon Your shoulders
My soul now to stand


It had been some time since I had been to a church and felt moved. I found myself swaying to the beat, lifted by the songs.

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You


When some of the people raised their hands in the air I was a bit worried, was this THAT kind of church?

So I'll walk upon salvation
Your Spirit alive in me
This life to declare Your promise
My soul now to stand


I regained my faith at Immanuel. Dedicated my children in the sanctuary, prayed for my husband, our lives. I met new people, loved new friends. Found me in my search for Christ.

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You


The family I found at Immanuel changed my life.

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all


But what about those people singing with their hands in the air?

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours


I'm one of them. Moved by the Spirit, loving the music, hands above my head. Unapologetically, loving the Lord!

(Hillsong United - The Stand)

1 comment:

  1. Goosebumps. Love that song; love that God. I'll stand next to you at church, arms high and heart abandoned in awe of the One whoe gave it all.
    Beautiful post. I needed to read it. I love your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.