Monday, October 11, 2010

A Realization

Next week, we will have been here for four whole months. Four months doesn't seem long in a life of nearly 34 years, but thinking about my last home in Illinois, four months seems a mini lifetime ago.

I had many struggles and trials this summer; trying to make friends, find a church, unpack, and make a house a home. There were days that I felt isolated from the rest of civilization {especially going from the outer 'burbs of Chicago to Mississippi's Gulf Coast}. I'm still trying to get used to the amount of time it takes to get anywhere.

But alas, we have found a church and have started making friends, and what a difference it makes. Having a place to go, something to look forward to, getting a chance to get to know others makes the time go a bit faster.

While I'm still missing my old church and the wonderful friends I made there, I feel I'm finally beginning to move forward, let go of the past and hope for the future.


Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
{I have this passage on a bracelet I wear daily to remind me, it's His plan, not mine}

1 comment:

  1. Wow... it's only been four months!?!? It seems like it's been forever!

    I'm glad you have found a church and are making friends. I think that is the toughest part about military life. I'm glad I will know people at our next duty station.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.