Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Journey: Are You The Person You Want To Be?

Are you the person you want to be?


If you could have any job, what would you do?
If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
What would you wear?
Where would you vacation?


There were more questions asked by Josh's get to know yourself personal questionnaire, these are the ones I remember and am willing to share. Some of my answers were easy for me, others not so much.

I'm not the person I want to be but I feel I'm going the right direction. I feel like I'm still on my journey. God gives me little glimpses from time to time, and I know if I stay on this path there is no stopping what I can be.

My dream job is being a mother, but I never knew that until after I had my first. I can't imagine life any other way. I sometimes wonder how I did 10 years in the Navy. This is my joy.



I would live in Colorado, near my sister! My sister is my dearest friend and I miss her more than words could ever express. And I love Colorado!


I would wear, well, better fitting, more stylish clothes (less jeans). I've been needing a new wardrobe for quite some time and I'm happy to say I'll be going down a size whenever I finally go buy clothes. As for style, again, I look to my sister. I love how cute and, while her clothes aren't "trendy", they're definitely in style. I love the casual chic yet sporty look. Somewhere between Lands End and Gap, like and REI catalog.

Vacation: just about everywhere. I want to road trip to our national monuments, camp in our national parks, bike Santa Fe, go to a show in NYC, go on a cruise (several actually), Italy, Italy, Italy, all over Europe, I want to go back to Egypt, I would love to go to Israel! There are so many places I'd love to see.

I may not know who I am, but I know who I don't want to be. I don't want to be stuck in the same place, I want to be ever growing, changing. I'm a new creature, so much better than before. God has given me endless opportunities and I'm excited about this journey.

Are you the person you want to be?

1 comment:

  1. Being a mom is certainly the best job out there. It's also one of the hardest, but most rewarding.

    I don't know how to answer the live anywhere question. I really like it here in VA Beach, but I also love Tampa and Wisconsin (in the summer). Can I make all of my family and friends live with me somewhere warm? That's really all that matters.

    I wouldn't change my wardrobe.

    I'd vacation everywhere! :)

    Great post Rose! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think.