Friday, April 23, 2010

My Journey: My writing

I was once told people write the way they speak, to which I emphatically disagreed saying I wrote much more eloquently than I spoke.

That was 5 years ago.

I've looked on some of my past blogs and I have, indeed, been writing as I speak. Using slang and improper English, some of my ramblings truly rambled. This afternoon in the shower I pondered on the past few years and what has changed... EVERYTHING!

5 years ago I was writing as an outlet for my depression. Coping with island fever in a job I hated, my husband deployed, I needed something. My rambles were much less rambling and more essay like. I wrote a lot of poetry, which I actually miss writing.

Over the years I've written less and lost a bit of my eloquence. I've taken time out to transfer, have children, live the crazy life of a stay-at-home mom. Until recently my darling children haven't afforded me the opportunity to get my thoughts out as I'd like. Little Bit is finally getting to the age where I don't have to watch her every moment. But with yet another transfer looming I don't know if I'm going to be able to devote myself to writing as I'd like.

I was thrilled when the blogging revolution took off, I saw it as a chance to get my thoughts "out there." I've wanted to be an author for some time but haven't compiled enough to submit anything. I enjoy writing short stories, children's stories (I have an entire series in my head waiting to be released), and of course, poetry. Haiku's! I love the simplicity and imagery, I'm sure it doesn't help that the first poetry contest I won was for a Haiku.



**A bit off topic but this came to me earlier**

Tear glistening down
An awaiting daughter's cheek
Father, I love you

I'm praying for you Friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think.